Start Date: 7/1/19
Welcome to StreamTime LIVE! Please read this important info.
You are watching a live stream of the Saint Clair River in Algonac, Michigan, for people who enjoy watching ships. You are welcome to join our chat, but keep in mind that we have established rules. Please check them out below.
This camera is made possible by the Algonac-Clay Historical Society and the City of Algonac, and joins our other St. Clair River cameras, Port Huron and Marine City, Michigan. Check out the great history of Algonac and all its news and events!
Historical Society: http://www.achistory.com/ach1/
City of Algonac: http://www.cityofalgonac.org/
Real Time Ship Tracking: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-82.3/centery:42.8/zoom:10
Port Huron Scanner Audio: https://bit.ly/2TJFdS1
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/AZgBY6x7dZ1dAb7E7
Navigation Chart: https://bit.ly/2LddLsc
Current Conditions: https://www.weather.gov/greatlakes/
Rules of the River: https://bit.ly/2RRZcNw
Duplication or distribution of our videos is strictly prohibited without permission.
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or post excessively about personal issues. This is not an exclusive club, we try hard to ensure that our chats feel welcoming and inclusive of anyone who drops by.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Algonac, Michigan is about 50 miles northeast of Detroit. Located at the end of the St. Clair River, the City of Algonac and the Township of Clay together are often referred to as the “Venice of Michigan,” with their many isles and canals. The area boasts the best pickerel fishing in the Great Lakes, great water fowl spotting in the St. Johns Marsh, a popular state park on the shore just north of Algonac, an automobile ferry to historic Harsens Island as well as a ferry to Walpole Island, considered the international gateway to Michigan.
You’ll see dozens of vessels a day, including freighters, tankers, tugs, barges, salties, passenger ships, international visitors and other vessels.
The shipping season on the Great Lakes normally runs from mid to late March through early January. However, the severity of the winter will impact the exact dates the shipping lanes open and close. Winter is also an opportunity to catch an ice breaker in action
ABOUT STREAMTIME LIVE:
StreamTime Live is a new service that brings you the best 24/7 live streaming experience on the internet, and on YouTube! Our goal is to be THE go-to source for the most interesting and curated selection of live feeds in the world, brought to you with exceptional quality and family-friendly, moderated chats.
Please visit Virtual Railfan to watch live streaming of trains. We exist because of the hard work, innovation and success of VRF: https://virtualrailfan.com
On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/virtualrailfan
Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here! Please check back frequently for new cams!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any contacts, please let us know!