This is a live stream of Belen, New Mexico, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Actual start date: 8/31/18
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
Like the view? This 360-degree camera is located at the historic Harvey House Museum: https://www.harveyhousemuseum.org/
Camera is hosted by the Harvey House Museum and the City of Belen: http://www.belen-nm.gov/
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms « foamer » or « foaming » in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that said on topic conversation needs to come first. Off topic conversation such as music, sports, jokes, etc. is fine, but it must be kept in balance with on topic.
• Please keep conversations of personal issues (medical, domestic, legal, etc.) out of the chat; take it to messaging or email. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions. This is not an exclusive club, we try hard to ensure that our chats feel welcoming to anyone who drops by.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
The historic Harvey House Museum is the former Belen Harvey House of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (AT&SF), predecessor of today’s BNSF Railway.
You’re looking at BNSF’s Belen Yard, part of their Southern Transcon, the former Santa Fe mainline between Chicago and Los Angeles, and this is where the El Paso Sub from the east becomes the Clovis Sub to the west.
From this camera you’ll see mainline freight headed in both directions, as well as the yard switcher.
In regards to the pushers (distributed power units, or DPU’s) on westbounds, they are not fueled directly at the fuel pads, rather a fuel truck is driven back to the middle or (more commonly) the end of the train where the DPU’s are located.
Actual track orientation here is north (west)-south (east). You’ll also see carmen (inspecting trains) going back and forth on ATV’s.
There is no Amtrak service here; their « Southwest Chief » bypasses Belen to the north as it heads to/from Albuquerque.
Even though there is an ATCS layout file available, there is no server coverage, so no data for the layout. No radio streams available.
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 71 cams from 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.