You are watching a live stream of Ashland, Virginia USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Actual start date: June 1, 2017
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
North Cam: https://youtu.be/3kM_fBVHRCg
South Cam: https://youtu.be/I7Lt4vf58pY
360 Cam: https://youtu.be/YlksXBZbx8Y
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms « foamer » or « foaming » in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first. Off topic conversation such as music, sports, jokes, etc. is fine, but it must be kept in balance with on topic.
• Please keep conversations of personal issues (medical, domestic, legal, etc.) out of the chat; take it to messaging or email. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions. This is not an exclusive club, we try hard to ensure that our chats feel welcoming to anyone who drops by.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Ashland, VA, in Central Virginia, is located on the CSX RF&P Subdivision, the former Richmond, Fredericksburg & Potomac Railroad, and is about 15 miles north of Richmond. The town gets over 20 Amtrak passenger trains and 20-25+ CSX freight trains daily. It’s a designated quiet zone, but the crew can use the horns at their discretion. The maximum speed for trains passing through the town’s center is 35 miles per hour (MPH).
There are 3 cameras available. The default camera is an Axis 360 located on top of the Visitor’s Center (train station), and 2 static cameras facing North and South on the other side of the intersection. Desktop users can use the suitcase icon at the bottom of the video to toggle between cams. For other devices, you can access the static cams with the links above.
See Tiny Tim’s Trains and Toys Store on the south cam? It’s awesome, and worth a visit. Tell Suzanne and crew we said hello! http://www.trainandtoystore.com
There is no ATCS layout (and no server coverage) available for the RF&P Sub, as it does not use radio code line (RCL) for switch-and-signal control (RCL is essential for ATCS availability).
There is a radio feed available, listening to the CSX RF&P Sub (« BD » dispatcher) and Richmond Terminal (« FB » dispatcher) channels, as well as the Buckingham Branch Railroad’s (BBRR) Piedmont Sub channel (which crosses the RF&P Sub at a diamond in Doswell, to the north of Ashland): http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/178/215
A second radio feed providing the Richmond Terminal channel, as well as those for both the North End and Bellwood Subs, can be found here (select the « Richmond Area Stream »): http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/83/155/
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy link: https://bit.ly/2M4bFLF
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 71 cams from 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at email@example.com. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.